Friday, March 30, 2012

Seriously.

It's 9:10pm on a Friday night.. I'm not going to lie .. I've been in my jim jams since 3:10pm when we walked in the door from preschool... I kept my bra on until bath time though-- just in case. I am exhausted. I live in 850 sq ft- how can walking back and forth chasing small children be so tiring??! I was thinking today while I swept the kitchen floor for the 900th time- I don't know how stay at home Mommas do it. I'd go bananas. Maybe I'm being selfish- because I also realized that at the very most- I put both my kids to bed three times a week-- and I don't think I even do that.. twice maybe.. but rarely. Part of the reason for that is I work four nights a week- I work out at the gym one night... and one of the other two nights I try to do something that's social- and involves beer... Being at home with these two is no picnic. No way Jose. Though, in the last few days, these two goobers have said and done some stuff that has made me laugh out loud: Eating lunch with Abs and Odey Abby was doing her usual, "I'm Sleeping Beauty- me and my friend Franz (pointing at Otis) are going to my friend Tika's birthday party after this... so we have to hurry up and eat all our lunch so we're not late" M- Oh well that sounds really fun- I wonder if you'll play games at the party? A aka SB "No- I don't think so- my friend has a baby in her belly" M- Really? How old is she turning? SB "40... months" M- Wow! SB "see the baby will be in her belly- and when everyone is singing Happy Birthday the baby will hear it (holding her hand up to her ear cupping it) and then the baby will say, 'oh! it's time for me to come out now!' and sometimes Daddies and Mommies have to sleep at the hospital when the baby comes out- like when you got Odey taken out of your belly and I stayed with Granny" M- How does the baby get out of the Mommy's belly? SB "the doctor takes it out through the belly button" M- Well... that's actually not how it goes. SB "how does it go then??" M- Well... the Mommy has to push the baby out-- through her vagina. SB "Ohhhh well then okay, the baby will come swimming out of the Mommy's vagina and everyone will say "yaaaaaaaaaaay" and then keep singing Happy Birthday- and it will be my friend Tika's baby's birthday too!" M- Wow... sounds like quite the party! SB "I know Mommy- I'm sorry- me and Franz have to go- we don't want to miss anything" Ha. Seriously. Throughout this whole talk- Otis, or Franz if you will, nodded his head and said, "ya ya.. doooooood (good)" and mimicked everything his big sister did. That was one of many hilarious conversations I had with Abby. It is also important to note that she told me to cough into my arm because I was getting germs all over her and that I make grunting noises when I exercise and it's weird- but I now apparently have "nice muscles"- thanks for noticing babe- I'm working hard over here every morning nap. She also referred to me as "super artist Mommy" while we worked on some Easter presents- all because I could work the glitter glue. I am amazeballs. As Otis doesn't talk as much.. or at all really other than "big truck!" at everything bigger than our car- and "hiiiiiiii" to every single person that walks by- I have been privy to his amazing let's-get-er-done mannerisms. This child knows what he wants.. and until he gets it... does. not. stop. He will pitch a fit by screaming, stomping, kicking and throwing... and yes-- he's only just 18 months... if he gets any bigger Momma's going to have to start wearing a helmet. Otis is a bit sicky- by that I mean that he has constant rancid runny poop the colour of sand- tmi? You're lucky this blog doesn't have a scratch n sniff option. With is sickness he's been a complete Momma's boy.. which is nice when he wants to cuddle- not so nice when I'm trying to use the washroom or while I'm cooking dinner with him literally attached to my thigh. Today in a bit of a tizzy I sat on the kitchen floor and invited him into my lap- he does this thing when he 'backs up on it' and walks backward until he hits my lap- then he plops in.. he snuggled into me with his softy blankey and made his little whiney sound... I was crunching a celery- which of course he wanted... so he could take bites of it, go "pssshffffft" and spit it into his hand and feed it to me... you know what? I ate the whole celery pre-chewed... and I don't even care-- I got to sit down and the whining stopped...for a few minutes. So while I may not want to spend 24 hours a day in pure mayhem- I am so grateful for the time I do spend with them... because at the end of an exhausting day- when it's quiet- I find myself peeking in on them- and man, they're even more cute when they're asleep- and silent.

0 comments: