Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How I Know I'm a Mom...

1. I started off my day in the "mom" uniform of a fuzzy pink housecoat 2. I can practically time out when Abby's going to have her first poop.. about 3 minutes after I change first diaper. 3. I put my liquid eyeliner on while holding Abby in my arms and brushing her teeth 4. Abby had roasted chicken breast with avacado and candied baby carrots and whole wheat toast for lunch.. and I had 6 ritz crackers and a diet coke. 5. When we were on our walk.. I pointed out a flock of birds and said, "look Abby! Neat-O" Neat-o? what's next "funky?" 6. I am using the slowcooker (I got from another MIlf) weekly at least.. currently brewing up leftover roast beef into a delicious smelling stew. 7. I wash out ziploc bags and use them again.8. I sway back and forth in the grocery store line up even when I'm not holding Abby 9. I am able to manuvuer around the house with a one year old hanging on to both my legs with her head in my crotch. 10. I sneak into the bathroom to hide out and read.. because the door locks. 11. Before shaving my legs (if I even get time) I asses the likeliness of me not being too tired to put out. 12. I'm very very tired.There are more.. but let's face it.. I'm going to have a nap! A few more.. post nap.. of course.. as soon as I drifted.. she woke up. 13. I get excited when diapers go on sale! What are new shoes anyway? 14. I feel that yoga pants and a t-shirt are a legitmate ensemble for nearly any occasion. I was also told this is part of the "mommy uniform" 15. I encourage Abby to eat food off the floor that she's dropped from her highchair so 1. it's not wasted and 2. I have less mess to clean up ~ I have actually considered that a new dog might help me with this. 16. My "me time" is often interupted with laundry needing to be folded, lunch needing to be made, dishes to be done.. bums to be changed.. my me time.. is sleeping.. sometimes through the night! (oh.. and the occasional night out) 17. I'm comfortable whipping out my boobs pretty much anywhere now.. well let's face it.. I was like that before. 18. My catch phrase is "gentle gentle" or "don't put that in your mouth" 19. I love Abby more than anything in this world. 20. I never do just one thing at a time. Every task is multitasked. It's madness. 21. I do what our mothers did.. and use my spit to "clean" Abby's face. 22. I will eat food that Abby has spit out of her mouth. 23. I can pee with a baby on my lap.. even a walking one. 24. I look forward to Wednesdays and Saturdays because I can hide away and read the flyers (but our damn paper man has been slacking off lately!) 25. When I fold the laundry it's mostly Abby's or Jay's.. what is mine is underwear and yoga pants. 26. My life revolves around nap times and developing new ways to get vegetables into Abby 27. I hum "hey it's Franklin" every SINGLE day.

0 comments: